As with many thousand others, I find myself out of work as my customers adapt to this unprecedented pandemic.
So, yes I am looking for work but I’m not stressing about it (yet…)
As an independent consultant, I am very aware of the risk of not having work so I have mitigation strategies in place.
Having these strategies increases my resilience & means I can think about challenges other than my bank balance.
I’m anticipating a long period of downtime, so I’m taking this opportunity to make improvements to my personal & professional well being. Here’s how I plan to spend my time, safe at home:
- spending more time with immediate family
- spending more time online with family & friends
- helping the Maker community build PPE / visors for NHS frontline staff (can you help?)
- offering my testing services to tech companies building software to help tackle Covid-19
- More exercise!
- learning Python with my girls
- learning Scratch with my boy
- revisiting Angular JS & Protractor
- learning about React JS & Jest
- digging deeper into Wardley Mapping
- digging deeper into Postman (I want to recreate this from Danny & Hesbon)
- porting my experiential workshops into the digital domain…
- live streaming my DJ sets…
If you’re tackling Covid-19, please give me a shout to see how I can help.
p.s. like the badge in this post’s image? It’s My Little Eden’s design on Zazzle (no affiliation, I just liked image for this post)