I believe that testing should be throughout the development cycle. Here are some of my ideas on how testing can add value.
- Testing is questioning the product to provide information in order to make decisions
- Testers are not the gatekeeper of quality
- Tools & automation help testing, they do not replace it
- Testing doesn’t start with a supposedly finished product
- Questioning of the requirements is aimed at a human, not a document
- Quality of the software is the responsibility of the whole development team
- Close collaboration & frequent feedback are key to the delivery of successful software
- Business stakeholders need to take an active interest in their software projects to help them succeed
- If the code isn’t in Production, it’s not making money
Any of these interest ideas interest you?